The Principles of Journalism
Journalism also has a set of principles which it operates by, these are:
- Journalism’s first obligation is to the truth.
- Its first loyalty is to the citizens.
- Its essence is the discipline of verification.
- Journalists must maintain an independence from those they cover.
- It must serve as an independent monitor of power.
- It must provide a forum for public criticism and compromise.
- It must strive to make the significant interesting and relevant.
- It must keep the news comprehensive and proportional.
- Its practitioners must be allowed to exercise their personal conscience.
So, how does Freelance Journalist differ?
Freelance journalism is exactly the same as described above in all but one respect – freelance journalists do not work for only one publication, they are self-employed. The dictionary.com definition of freelance is as follows ‘a person who works as a writer, designer, performer, or the like, selling work or services by the hour, day, job etc., rather than working on a regular salary basis for one employer.’
As a freelance journalist you can..
- Be your own boss – At it’s inception Redpill.Land has it’s first rule – News and opinion should not be influenced or censored !
- Write what you believe in – We do no influence what you write or your writing style or opinion
- Choose how often to write – There is no limit ! Just stick to the words allowed in the dictionary (I know they keep banning them right?!!)
- Work remotely and go places. We are looking for individuals who go to the location of the news and report pictures and videos. These articles get more views and membership revewnues
- Choose when you write. If you find something bothering you at the middle of the night write about it. You just added a new revenue channel !
It’s easy to see how this allows novice journalists to start out on the path towards a new career. They’ll be able to work part-time, around their current job, building up their portfolio. It also means that they can concentrate on working in areas that they particularly enjoy.
Redpill.Land is based on one principle. Freedom of Speech and Expression. Your identify is not released unless challenged by the court. Members can block or unfollow content that they do not want to see, but the content will never be banned and the journalists will never be fired !!
Careful the law applies both ways. For example, if you expose or accuse a person by name that person can challenge to reveal your name for. Once best example is the defamation law suite. So make sure your content is genuine when involving a human directly or indirectly.
Redpill.Land encourages anonymity in cases where publishing an article on Redpill.Land would credibly threaten close personal relationships, their safety, or their jobs. We verify the identities of those who publish anonymously. Authors are encouraged to add not personal details to convince the Audience of the credentials needed to validate the strength of your opinion or research ! Below is an example:
“The author is an academic physician and researcher at an Ivy League institution in New York City.”
Redpill.Land will provide more details if legally obliged to the concerned parties.
- Weekly Winnings: Every Friday the most viewed article will receive 100 dollars in cash prize ! If you posted lasted this week, don’t worry, your blog is eligible every week until it wins once !
- Ad Revenue: This is our primary mode of earnings in our beta stage. We are letting the first 50 journalists keep all the profit for life time. That means you are really your own boss now !
- Membership Plans: You need to have at least 1000 followers on this platform to activate this option. Your share of the membership fee is calculated using the percent of time the user spends on your content vs the rest.
- Endless Earnings: Remember opinion columns do not expire! News gets old, but opinion does not. Many want to see a different perspective of the same fact ! Usually users leave their old opinion colums for free Ad revenue
Once you accrue more than $10 in earnings you can cash it using your PayPal account or requesting a bank check. If you are one of the first 50 authors, you can give us your Ad sense publisher ID or we can help you with that process. Because you will be keeping all the money generated through Ads or Subscription (coming soon)